Thursday, October 16, 2008

TRACK AND FIELD MEET...and EDITED TO ADD A MEMORY

My youngest is on the track and field team at school. Basically what it consists of is that each fall they do four meets.....and meet at 4 different schools...they range in ages from grade 3 to grade 6 and race according to grades and sexes. Yesterday was her second meet of the season. There are many kids that attend these meets....and yesterday was a gorgeous fall day, so comfortable for running and also for the parents waiting!



Here is a photo of a lake not far from our house. We took this photo on the way to the track meet! Daughter getting her finish number.




And the victory smile...LOL

And now, I want to add something I thought of yesterday. When S and I were arriving at the track meet....we found a parking spot on a cul de sac almost next to the school....we had to walk on a paved pathway to get to the school.....on the pathway were all kinds of beautiful fall leaves crunching under our feet...and they had such a wonderful "smell"...is that even possible?? It reminded me of many years ago when I was in school and walking home...there were several areas that had lots of leaves in the fall because of the beautiful old trees that lost them...and I remember the wonderful feeling of walking or running through them with my friends....and the cool crisp air that was perfect for walking or playing on the way home. My mom and grandmother would be home waiting for me....and always something good to eat. Back then, we didn't buy snacks, everything was homemade. We rarely ate out...mom and my grandmother cooked all the meals.....I didn't even try pizza until I was in grade 7!! Anyway, I just wanted to say that the feeling I got from walking through those leaves yesterday just brought back a wave of memories...wonderful ones...that I had forgotten about.....and it was great.



Have a great day!
Marion

1 comment:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

There's nothing like crunching through the fall leaves ... especially when the trip leads you home to a warm welcome and homemade treats...