Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Everyone have a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
We will be home most of the day and my husband has invited some locals to drop in as they can....later this evening my daughters and I may head over to my sister in laws for an hour or so, weather permitting...to see some family...then it's home for hot chocolate and a Board game...and off to bed.
Take care.....have a wonderful Holiday........
Monday, December 22, 2008
Tonight I plan on sitting in my stitching chair, with my heating pad for heat...LOL and stitch the evening away. DH has to go pick up our daughter at 11pm at work. Her boyfriend came an picked her up earlier today and drove in. Speaking of boyfriend...I gave him his present from DH and I on Saturday night, as he is leaving tomorrow to spend Christmas with his grandparents....and parents ofcourse.....anyway, I had made him one of my blankets and was truly touched by how much he loved it!! It's nice when a handmade gift is genuinely appreciated. I did not take a photo of him with the blanket, wish I did!!
Take care...stay warm........and will post again tomorrow when I hope the house is a bit warmer!!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I made alot more, but my all time favourite is the cream coloured cable sweater, brown hat and brown pants.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. It depends on the gift and also what I have on hand. I tend to buy paper and bags after Christmas for the next year.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. It creates less hassle and I like to get mine up early. This way I get my pre-lit tree out of the box and put it up and voila...all lit. LOL Hey, works for me!
3. When do you put up the tree? Around the end of November.
4. When do you take the tree down? Around New Year's Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? It's okay, but I don't usually have it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My cousin made me a box of Barbie Doll clothes...I LOVED those so much! This is the older cousin I see each week now....she's like a sister to me.
7. Hardest person to buy for? At the moment, my 14 year old son!
8. Easiest person to buy for? My 11 year old daughter.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not really. I have Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus, which is actually from Avon...all white and I really like them!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Some people I send to do not use the computer, but I would not email Christmas cards anyway, not personal enough for me.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Purple Dinosaur placemats from my MIL two years ago! And I am NOT a hard person to buy for or please! LOL
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch that Stole Christmas...origional cartoon version.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sept.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, not really. I have given a couple to donation....
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's dressing, and now that she is no longer here, I make it!
16. What decorations are on your tree? Everything! Some my mom got me before I was married, some the kids made, some I made...etc...
17. Favorite Christmas song? Deck The Halls.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? We stay home, we always used to go to my inlaws, but my father in law passed away two years ago and now there is no more open house at that place....so...last year we stayed at home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Blitzen, Cupid, Comet, Prancer and Vixen.
20. Angel on top of tree or star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning! The kids open one on Christmas Eve, which is PJ's
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Can get pretty stressful!
23. What theme or color are you using when you decorate? I use alot of red...don't really have a theme...have a lot of older decorations.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey and all the trimmings.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace, health, happiness...
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
On Saturday, same 3 cousins and myself headed out to a neighbouring town to do some shopping and have lunch! We spent the afternoon and evening doing some Christmas shopping and eating lunch at a wonderful restaurant! What a great way to spend a day!
Today was supposed to be the day I wrapped Christmas presents, but that isn't happening with the kids home from school!! Maybe I'll work on my Christmas cards instead!!
EDITED: I actually managed to get ALL 3 kids and the dog in a photo!! This will go in some Christmas cards as I don't have my daughter's grad photo until just before Christmas, and I don't have enough wallet photos of the other two for everyone...so this will solve that problem..LOL I think it's okay. My son has his "riding his dirt bike splash pants on, but that's okay.
Take care everyone!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
It's a busy week. I'm trying to work on my blanket for another friend, and also finish up my Christmas shopping. I have nothing wrapped...(usually I do!)
I want to also thank Sandy, I received this wonderful cross-stitch kit and two wonderful cards from her today. She had a giveaway on her blog and I won!! Thank you Sandy, I value your friendship!
I've been trying to get my decorating done...this tree was made by my aunt about 30 years ago. I really like it. The other photos are just random. I'll take some more tomorrow.
Have a good evening everyone!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
First of all, I picked a bad week to have giveaways, but I did draw Sandy's name for the bookmarks!! Sandy, I'll email you in a bit for your address. As for the cross-stitch chart...I'll repost that later next week, and if you want to have it, great....but please remember, it's just the chart, and in your comment, please tell me if you want the chart! :) Thanks...
Well, it was a busy week. And a very nice week weatherwise! That's part of the reason I didn' update the blog...the weather has been spring like!
I've been thinking about the holidays alot....I'll do a post on that probably tomorrow....
I did get productive today and made two window toppers for my back door...Christmas fabric! I'l take a photo of those later and post it. I have one more left to do for the front door. Our tree is in the family room...not decorated yet though, and other than a couple of smaller decorations, I haven't dug out the majority of the Christmas things...it will get done in the next few days though.
Tomorrow is supposed to be another nice day, so I think that DH and I and probably youngest DD are going away for a few hours. I have a couple of Christmas gifts I want to pick up.
I had a really good experience Christmas shopping today. I went to buy a Hoodie that my DS said he had liked...there was a sale going on in the store, plus no tax. I asked what the $1.00 sale was and the manager said it was on certain items in the store...buy one..get another for $1.00. I asked him if the Hoodie was part of that, he said no, sorry, only the sections that had the sign above the racks (made sense)....anyway, I said I wanted the Hoodie anyway, and still wanted to look around...he said he'd put the Hoodie at the counter. It was really busy in there today, and when I went to pay for it, the people had died down somewhat...the manager said for me to pick out another Hoodie of a certain rack he pointed to...and he'd give it to me for a $1.00! I thought that was so nice....because he knew I was going to buy the other one anyway, and he really didn't have to do that!! I now have two Hoodie's for DS for Christmas!! Made me feel really good that there are people like that out there.
Anyway fellow bloggers, I will end for now and be back tomorrow with photos and a new post!!
Have a great evening!
Monday, November 24, 2008
It's Little House Needleworks.....Reading, Stitching, Writing.
If you would like this...please leave me a comment, also please read my previous two posts...thanks! I will draw for this on Thursday.
First of all, if you haven't read my previous post, I'd greatly appreciate it if you would, and I would appreciate all the kinds thoughts and prayers for my family.
In honour of my wonderful blog friends that I have met up with on this blog....and because last week I won a wonderful cross-stitch kit off Sandy's Blog...I would like to offer this set of bookmarks from my husband's business. I offered a set of these several months ago as well. They really are very nice. It is 10 laminated, collectible bookmarks of our wonderful city.
If you would be interested in winning this set, please leave me a comment.
Also, I am about to post another giveaway. I will draw for this on Thursday.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Something has arisen in my family today that basically was a bad choice of one of my children. It was a very bad choice and disappointing, but at the same time, I feel it was an eyeopener for the person involved and for our family. It is not life altering...it was just a bad split second decision, that could in turn be a positive time in that child's life. The punishment will give this child a chance to think,make some good decisions and a chance to spend good quality family time and wise life decisions. I will say no more....I truly believe everything happens for a reason and good will come of this. No one is perfect and we love our children no matter what. This wasn't horrible...just disappointing.
At the same time I ask for prayers that the right decisions and choices be made by this child, during the appropriate time ahead, as there will be lots of "thinking" time. Enough said..
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
There is a bright spot today though....DH checked the mail, which we didn't get to do yesterday, and there was my matchbox exchange from Sara! I cannot get over her stitching....I always new she was a fantastic stitcher, and this proves it.....I was spoiled!! The photos do not do it justice. She sent me a scissors holder...with my initials on it...and scissors!! She sent me my own needlebook....and a floss tag, as well as Dinky Dyes floss!! Thank you Sara...this was so much fun!! She posted what I sent her here. http://sarasimplestitching.blogspot.com/
Friday, November 21, 2008
I decided to add some photos of what I saw outside the basement door this morning....very pretty....