Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Whatcha working on?


What are we working on, on Wednesday?? My blogger friend Leslie, over at 'My Country Home" started this, as of today....so I thought I would join in.....

Today is mellow....it's a bit cooler and damp, and we've just had some thunder and some rain showers....so any plans I had of working out in my little garden will not happen today.......today I am going to sit in the living room, with a cup of tea and work on my Anne of Green Gables cross-stitch. This is a project I've had on the go for a long time...and it seems lately that I have precious little time to sit and stitch on it. I love this piece, it's calming and peaceful for me to work on it, and I can't wait to get it finished and framed. Yes, I could be working on countless other things around the house, but today it will be Anne with an E...LOL Have a great day everyone and I hope lots of people show us what they are working on!!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Marion,
That is so pretty! I can see that it has taken a long time to get this far. One day it will be done and then you can really appreciate all the hard work you put into it!

Where did I see Anne this week? I saw a poster of her! Where was it?!!! Did I dream it? LOL I keep seeing myself standing in a doorway...the door is to my left and I peeked back in and saw the poster....I think it was at the Thrift Store!!!! I remember I took a second look, thought of you and smiled. :) I always loved Anne Of Green Gables. I saw the movie before I read the books and just LOVED it!

Thanks for particpating in my first "Whatcha Up To Wed" :)

Leslie

~*Marie*~ said...

Marion, thanks for stopping by my blog. I have done cross stitch before, I made my kids stockings doing it, I know how much time it takes and work it is, you are doing a great job. Can hardly wait to see the finished product!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Oh you do such beautiful work!

Katy said...

I love it Marion!!! It looks soooo sooo awesome!!! Great job! :)

Simply Heart And Home said...

Needlework always amazes me. I have never had the patience for it and I'm afraid my eyes aren't "needlework material". They get tired very easily.

Your Anne with an E is beautiful!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Marion,

Your cross stitch is pretty! It looks like alot of work that you're going to be really proud of when it's all done! It's been fun seeing what everyone is working on!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

This cross stitch is beautiful and looks like it will keep you busy for a while!!! Take care!~Wendy