Wednesday, June 4, 2008

HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!!

Time for an update!
Things are going well here. Thank you for all the well wishes for our dog Nala (Nallie)..she is doing VERY well, and hopefully will continue to do so and be with us for a few more years. The kids are all so very happy that she's doing good.

One of the sweetest things that happened on the weekend..amid all the crisis of Nallie was what my son did....early Sunday morning we took our dog to emerge....our oldest had already left for work, the other two were sleeping in the family room. I went down to tell them about Nallie...(they already knew she was feeling really bad)...and my youngest DD came up to say good bye and give her hugs. I even told the kids that there was the possibility that Nallie would not get better. My son did not come upstairs.....anyway, when Larry and I got back from emerge (we had to leave Nallie there for her operation)....I walked into my kitchen and noticed it was spotless!! I complimented my youngest DD and son on the wonderful surprise...my DD said rather annoyed that she was not allowed to help....DS had done it all! I realize this is his way of coping with being upset about our dog. Anyway, later in the day, just after that wonderful phone call from emerge that Nallie was fine...our oldest DD pulls in the driveway...she had gotten someone to cover her evening shift at swimming for her...she wanted to be home with us and was worried about Nallie...so we had a family day minus our dog...but we were happy as we knew our doggie was going to be okay.

Today I am spending a rather quiet day here, trying to catch up on housework.
I'll leave you with a couple of photos of our dog from the past year.
Marion

2 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Sounds like you've got a wonderful little family there, Marion :)

I'm so glad to hear that all is well.

Simply Heart And Home said...

Marion,

I'm so glad your puppy is doing well. What a dear family you have. How thoughtful your son was to clean your kitchen! It is in trying times such as these when the family draws together that we see how much God has truly blessed us.

Gina