Friday, June 20, 2008

FRIDAY!!

I'm glad it's Friday, but we have a very busy weekend ahead of us!!

Tomorrow my youngest daughter has a party to go to...this one is in the city (45 minute drive) and it's aboard a ship!! They are doing a Pirate Cruise...just out in the Harbour...how fun is that!!! While she is on board, my oldest daughter and I will walk along the waterfront and perhaps go for lunch and dessert on the waterfront. It's really beautiful down there...and that is one thing I miss about working downtown...the newspaper I worked for was right downtown and we could eat our lunch on the waterfront. Anyway, after we pick up youngest DD, we will have a bit of time to kill before oldest DD has an appointment, also in the city (very unusual for us to actually go into the city!). She managed to get an appointment with the people from the Family channel, etc....they are looking for young actors/actresses and will interview 200 from Nova Scotia...how she managed to get in, I'll never know, but it will be fun for her. She's not expecting anything out of it, other than fun.....so it will be around 7 when I get home tomorrow night.


Sunday we have a Birthday party to go to for Larry's aunt. I really like this aunt, she is turning 80, and there should be alot of people coming and going at this party. I have been asked to take photos...which I will. Usually being around DH's family is stressful....they are not my cup of tea, so to speak, but I will stick it out for the afternoon. Thank heavens we don't see alot of these people or I would be a nervous wreck. It's taken me a long time to get to this point....I just cannot be around them for a long period of time.


Last night was my son's last dance of the year. I remember 3 years ago when my oldest daughter had her grade 8 dance ( grade 9 is high school here)......she prepared for hours, had her hair curled at the salon, new dress, new shoes, etc....well, my son, who is so quiet came home yesterday and said he thought he might go to this dance....keep in mind you certainly don't have to dress up...actually only the girls do....anyway, I managed 2 photos, and I was lucky to get those! LOL After the dance they all went to Boston Pizza and had fun.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Marion

2 comments:

Mom2fur said...

He's a handsome kid. I get what you mean about being lucky to have two pics. I have 3 sons (ages 18-25), too, and it's like pulling teeth to get any of them to pose for a picture! My daughter (age 23) is a different story. She's always loved the camera.
I hope the party doesn't cause you too much stress. At least you like Larry's aunt.

Leslie said...

It's it funny how different boys and girls are?! LOL

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and are feeling happier! I know I hate it when everything brings me down and I want nothing more than to be happy! Sometimes all it takes is a nice, sunny day :)

You have been tagged, btw! I was tagged twice and so I get to pass it on! LOL You can do one, both or none....I don't care, I'll still like ya, even if you don't do it! But I can't guarantee that you won't have 7 years of bad luck...just kidding!:)

Have a great weekend!