Monday, March 10, 2008

KATY, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU......





Katy, in the coming days, look for more posts here about my sewing room, and some updated photos....the dolls on the ledge in my sewing room is a collection started by my mom almost 20 years ago. She gave me an "Anne of Green Gables" porcelain doll and over the years added to my collection. It was easy for her to do this...she was in the beginning stages of alzheimers and couldn't make decisions..and never knew what to get me for Christmas, or my Birthday, or Mother's Day....a doll was an easy choice. I have dolls not seen in this photo and my mom didn't give me all of these, but I cherish the ones she did.

The other photo is my youngest DD in her flannel nightgown with a matching one for her doll....December 2006...I sewed this for her.

Marion

2 comments:

Katy said...

OH! i love the matching night gowns!!!! Soooo cute!!! I am totally going to do that for my daughter once i am good enough at sewing! LOL

And i am a total Anne of Green Gables fan!!! I love your collection! :)

Cindy said...

I'm glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment. I really enjoyed your blog and I'll be coming back to check it out. You have a lovely family! I also love that you sew and do cross stitch, two things I also enjoy!

By the way...if you really are 50, you look GREAT! Have a great day! :)