Friday, September 26, 2008

Way back when.....

I was 15....my love of Elton John began....."Daniel" was the first song I took notice of....followed by each and every one of his songs that came out...one after the other.....many summer evenings, hanging around with my friends and my cousin..at "The Canteen".........listening to his music on the juke box in the back room......fast forward 35 years......same cousin and I are sitting listening to "Daniel" and all those other wonderful songs being performed LIVE by Elton.....pretty amazing when you actually think about it...and wonderful, wonderful memories. Two hours and forty five minutes that man played.....no break......it was a once in a life time experience and one I will never forget...it was even more special that one of the people I went with was my cousin who shared those memories from 35 years ago.

4 comments:

A Christian Mom said...

I'm glad you had a great time! I got to see Elton in concert back in April of 05. It was an awesome night.

Alexandra said...

Today I listen to Elton John on my CD player...my favourite songs Daniel, Candle in the Wind, Rocket Man...thinking of my friend on the other side of the country who had the opportunity to see him singing these songs live! Rewind to 35 years ago...I'm on that side of the country with her, at the Canteen, in the backroom, we're listening to Elton John together! Our favourite songs Daniel and all the others!

Just remembering a great time with my great friend at a great place!

Leslie said...

I'm glad that you had a great time!... Memories that you'll NEVER forget...

Have a great weekend!

Leslie

Simply Heart And Home said...

What a wonderful time! I remember listening to Elton John's Rocketman and such when it first came out (on a phonograph!). Those were the days.

Gina