Tuesday, September 16, 2008

IS IT THE SUN, OR MY HAIR, OR JUST MY MOOD??

Enough of feeling a bit sorry for myself......my mood has greatly improved today. It could be the sun that is brightly shining, or it could be the fact that I decided to have my hair cut and foils put in last night (a real treat for me), or the fact that I have decided ENOUGH! I don't like feeling sad, or icky, and I'll do my best not to.

Today I met up with my two cousins for "Blanket Club". It was great to get together again, and hopefully our weekly meetings will be back on schedule now that fall is almost here. These two cousins are like older sisters I never had. We had lunch (oven toasted tuna/cheese burgers) cut up veggies, melon, tea, and brownies and carrot cake for dessert...okay, admittedly part of these meetings are the food! LOL We worked on our swedish weaving blankets and discussed the possibility of attending a water exercise class on Monday mornings. Also, next week we will meet on Thursday and go on a "field trip" (we take these Blanket Club meetings seriously...heehee). We are going to go to get some apples and to a second hand shop....can't wait! Also, next week is the Elton John concert!!
Take care everyone...
Have a great evening.
Marion

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better! Sometimes it is just the weather I have noticed. A few too many days of 'Blah' and I feel it, too. Then the sun comes out and all is well in the world! :)

Have a great rest of your night :)

Leslie

Kathy A. said...

Well, my girl we seem to have a lot in common - tuna burgers and carrot cake. And, oh yeah, swedish weaving. I have been weaving for a number of years and even taught a class of 12 in Arizona last winter. I am looking forward to seeing the ladies again and seeing their progress over the summer.
Glad to hear your spirits have picked up and you are chugging along. We all get our blue days.

Simply Heart And Home said...

I am glad that you are feeling better, Marion. Your blanket club sounds like such a delight (and the food does too!)

Gina