Friday, May 16, 2008

THE LITTLE THINGS THAT TOUCH YOUR HEART..


My oldest daughter has a friend that she has been close to since about grade one. For many years, this friend would spend alot of time at my home and my daughter at her friend's home......I became known as "other mother"...not even sure how it came about....I guess the time spent here...etc...and over the years this girl has surprised me with an occasional gift, purchased with her own money. I have a collection of cow things in my kitchen and she has given me a cow mug, a cow soap dispenser...and one gift in particular that touched my heart was a calligraphy set she purchased when she was 11, from scholastic book club...and she gave it to me for Christmas that year....anyway, this girl isn't here so much anymore.....she's struggled this past year in school, and family life has gotten in the way of a few things for her.....last night my oldest daughter came home from teaching swimming, she had stopped in at her friend's house for a short visit and she brought me a present.....this girl had gone out and gotten me a cow photo frame and a candle/holder with "Mother" on it. I was very , very touched by this and to think that she had thought of me!! It's the little things that really touch your heart.....

2 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Now that was just such a sweet and touching post, Marion. Clearly you still mean quite a lot to this young lady. It's the little surprises that so often touch our hearts the most. Enjoy them!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Aw, that is so sweet, Marion. What a blessing!

Have a lovely weekend and week. I'm afraid I won't be able to comment while away but I plan on posting!

Blessings

Gina