Monday, December 15, 2008

HO HO HO....

I have been thinking about what it is that I really like to cross-stitch...for the larger projects....I have come to the realization that I really like Santas! I like the "old world type" Santas. I bought this book at the TS a couple of weeks ago.
..and I have been looking through it...I had a Santa chosen in my mind, but asked my girls which one they liked...they picked the same one I did without knowing! It will be a challenging one, as it's done on black, but I think I can do it. I have hopes of starting this New Year's Day, providing I can get the fabric from Joanne at 123 stitch on time. (I have already ordered it, so she's fast, I shouldn't have a problem getting it)....and I will leave this up all year. I am thinking this may be something unique to display in my home...maybe add one or two to the collection, maybe it'll be something people like to see when they come to visit.

I have this one I did years ago in the family room.....
and this one I did for my cousin about 4 years ago...he really liked it and displays it all year
....so now I am a bit excited about this new project. I will ofcourse have others on the go, but I will work away at this and finish it up in time for the Holidays next year.
I finished up my shopping this morning! Now I just have to organize it and wrap...I'll do that on Wednesday, as tomorrow I have to go out.
Have a great afternoon and evening everyone!!
Marion




2 comments:

Sandy said...

These Santa's look great, so pretty. Good luck with your next one. :D

Shelleen said...

your pics look great. I also love old world Santas