Wednesday, December 17, 2008

OF Christmas' Past....











An email to my Blogger friend Katy prompted me to do this post......

A few years ago, my daughter loved Cabbage Patch dolls (she still has one on her shelf in her room) and now she likes Build-A-Bear......anyway, as I mentioned, a few years ago I knit her a box of cabbage patch clothes for Christmas, to go with the cabbage patch doll my mom was giving her for Christmas and Katy, Sara informed me this morning that this doll is named Madelyn! I had totally forgotten that! This box of clothes was loved very much and still is used all the time with her friends and Build a Bear. I got her to take a few pieces of the clothing out this morning to photograph. Katy, you will absolutely love knitting clothes like this...it is so much fun!

I made alot more, but my all time favourite is the cream coloured cable sweater, brown hat and brown pants.
I will get to the patterns today and hopefully get them in the mail to you in a couple of days.
Have a great day everyone....after the house clears out..I am off to wrap presents!!
Marion




8 comments:

Alexandra said...

Those are adorable doll cloths!

I just posted a picture of a cross stitich I did! When you get a moment, drop by and have a look!

Have a fun day wrapping presents!

A Christian Mom said...

Those are adorable!

Katy said...

Those are fantastic Marion!!!! I absolutely LOVE them!!!! I hope I can knit things like that someday!!!!!!! Beautiful pics!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Marion

Your beautiful knitted outfits make me wish I was a stuffed bear! :)

Gina

saras said...

man, I wish I knew how to do that!! my boys would love a sweater for their webkinz! I just won't show them these and they'll never know! haha

mumzy said...

You had done a beautiful job on the doll's clothes. You are one talented lady. Wrapping presents - I need to get more presents first.

Not ready for Christmas yet!

Shelleen said...

they are adorable. great job.

Devon said...

i looooove those lil doll clothes! what a cute gift idea. unfortunately i can't knit... but maybe when i have kids someday.. my sis will knit some for their dolls!! :)