Thursday, July 3, 2008

WHATCHA WORKING ON WEDNESDAY..ON THURSDAY!!


Leslie over at http://sweets-mycountryhome.blogspot.com/ , has this going on Wednesdays, I'm a day late, but better than never!! Leslie.....you are rubbing off on me big time! LOL I had this ugly stand that I bought at a yard sale for $5.00 a few years ago, and it served it's purpose, but I hated it!


I wanted something to hold my light for when I cross-stitch in the evenings, or sew, in the den...anyway, I intended to donate this to the Thrift Shop, but needed to get something to replace it first...then it donned on me! Paint it!! So I did!! I'm really liking it!



I don't like how the photo turned out, but I am not going back up to the den to take a new photo at the moment...LOL, so for now this will have to do. I'm very happy with it.





Also, on a side note...our pool is finally up!! We usually have it set up before now, but weather just wasn't cooperating, so we waited. Sara and I were in tonight...it was very refreshing!!!

Have a great evening everyone!





Marion









6 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Ah, the magic of paint!

I hope you're already enjoying your pool :)

Have a great weekend, Marion!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Your stand is perfect! I am partial to reds and blues! Great job!

Have a wonderful Friday!

Julie said...

Thanks for visiting. I love your stand--it's amazing what paint and creativity can do!! Have a nice weekend. Julie

Leslie said...

Marion,
It looks great :) Slap some paint on something you don't like and you have something you can LOVE :)

We haven't been in our pool much in the last week. I need to vaccum at this point, thanks to all of the rain and bugs and leaves that blew in there. I hate that part of having a pool. Normally I'm pretty lucky and don't have to worry about it...not this year!

It's okay that you're late. I will forgive you :) I'm just NOW reading it because I bave been so crazy busy! Sorry I didn't see it sooner!

Thanks for participating!

Have a great day!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Marion,

Just checkin in and wishing you a lovely Monday!

Gina

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Your stand came out great!!! I hope you are enjoying that great pool!! Have a great day!~Wendy