Monday, August 16, 2010

NEW BEGINNINGS.....

Good evening!

Summer is winding down here in eastern Nova Scotia....we are down to our last two weeks of summer vacation.
As for me...I start a new chapter of my life tomorrow! I am going to start working part-time!! It's been 11 years since I technically worked outside the home...I did do three years of lunch-time duty at the kids school, but this in official part-time job! I will be working at a Massage Therapy Clinic about 20 hours per week. I am hoping it works out...it will be a nice change...and if it doesn't work out (or at least this job doesn't work out)...it's not the end of the world.


We've been busy around here...two family BBQ's this weekend! Lots of good food, good company.....
I've been busy stitching too! I started "Seven Days of Creation" by Plum Street Samplers.......I do love Paulette's designs..this one is stitched on 32 count..

.and I also started (and "almost" finished)"From The Deep" also from Paulette.....this particular design will hang in my bathroom when done. It's stitched on 32 count as well.....AND....I finished up this freebie that Paulette designed......it's stitched on 40 count!! My first attempt at 40 count, and I LOVE it!!

I also started Jenny Bean's Humble Servant Sampler and it's stitched on 40 count!! Who knew that I would love this count!!
Sorry for the bad photo of Jenny Bean!! I cannot seem to get a clear photo of this one!!
And so my friends...I will say goodnight for now....
Take care......
Marion





5 comments:

Margaret said...

Good luck with your new job. I hope you love it! Part time seems like the ideal thing to me. Love all your PSS pieces! Beautiful! I love 40ct as well -- it's all I work on when I can. :D Glad you enjoy it as well.

Mel said...

Best of luck with your new job!

Lainey said...

Beautiful stitches! Good luck with your new job.

mumzy said...

Hope you are enjoying your new job. It sounds as if it might be very interesting and being only part-time is a good way to get back in the work force.

Siobhán said...

Lovely stitching! I need to start the Seven Days one. I saw Jenny Bean's Humble Servant done as a model and it is OH so pretty. Enjoy it, and good luck with the new job!