Thursday, August 26, 2010

GOOD INTENTIONS...

With summer coming to a close and school beginning again next week, I am hoping to get back into a routine, which I hope includes only weekly or bi-weekly trips to the grocery store! I feel like I have been in the grocery store just about every day this summer! Yuck!!!
Starting this weekend, I will browse the grocery store flyers, go shopping on Monday and plan my meals ahead of time...wish me success fellow bloggers!
I'd love to hear how each of you do this...how many trips to the grocery store do you make? How do you plan your meals? Any recipes you care to share with me? Tips?
Feel free to post a comment, or email me....I'd love to hear from you!!
Have a great day everyone....it's foggy and rainy here today.....good day to try and get my house organized!
Marion

6 comments:

Deb said...

I wish you luck with that. I only do major grocery shopping once a month, but my husband is a Sam's/Costco junkie and I do go to the produce market once a week. It helps that I have a large freezer. But you know, during this summer it seemed like I was in and out of the grocery store every day and it drove me nuts!

Denise said...

I ask my husband and son every Sunday evening what they would like to eat for the week and if they need anything. From there - I make out a menu for the week and then my list. I go every Monday morning after work. Sometimes DH needs to run to the store for something I forgot but not too often.

Denise

Kathy A. said...

I'm not really a great grocery shopper. I check the flyers, mark the specials and send Leo. I don't go to the store more than once a month myself. I'd rather stay home and stitch.
Hope your weather improves. I know my Dad is grumbling when he can't get out fishing for flounder LOL

Mel said...

We only make simple staple meals most of the time since neither of us exactly enjoy cooking (tacos, spaghetti or pasta, burgers, etc) and we shop about once a week or once every 10 days or so. We've tried going a full two weeks but there is always something that comes up needed or wanted or run out of requiring short extra trips. I go through phases of wanting to try recipes but it never lasts long and then we're back to staple meals again.

mumzy said...

I live 45 minutes from a major grocery store which means that I have to plan ahead especially for meats and fresh vegetables and fruits. As far as planning meals, it just doesn't happen until about two hours before the meal. It all depends on what we feel like eating. But then, I don't have any kids still living at home. Good luck with your shopping and planning.

Shelleen said...

Since I hate our local grocery store, I go to one that is 30 minutes away. I use lined loose leaf paper for my grocery list. On the back I write Sunday through Saturday and then I write what i want for each day and then on the front I make out the list of what I need to buy. So when I get home I flip the list over and hang up the menu for the week, on the fridge.