Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Everyone have a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
We will be home most of the day and my husband has invited some locals to drop in as they can....later this evening my daughters and I may head over to my sister in laws for an hour or so, weather permitting...to see some family...then it's home for hot chocolate and a Board game...and off to bed.
Take care.....have a wonderful Holiday........
Monday, December 22, 2008
Tonight I plan on sitting in my stitching chair, with my heating pad for heat...LOL and stitch the evening away. DH has to go pick up our daughter at 11pm at work. Her boyfriend came an picked her up earlier today and drove in. Speaking of boyfriend...I gave him his present from DH and I on Saturday night, as he is leaving tomorrow to spend Christmas with his grandparents....and parents ofcourse.....anyway, I had made him one of my blankets and was truly touched by how much he loved it!! It's nice when a handmade gift is genuinely appreciated. I did not take a photo of him with the blanket, wish I did!!
Take care...stay warm........and will post again tomorrow when I hope the house is a bit warmer!!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I made alot more, but my all time favourite is the cream coloured cable sweater, brown hat and brown pants.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. It depends on the gift and also what I have on hand. I tend to buy paper and bags after Christmas for the next year.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. It creates less hassle and I like to get mine up early. This way I get my pre-lit tree out of the box and put it up and voila...all lit. LOL Hey, works for me!
3. When do you put up the tree? Around the end of November.
4. When do you take the tree down? Around New Year's Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? It's okay, but I don't usually have it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My cousin made me a box of Barbie Doll clothes...I LOVED those so much! This is the older cousin I see each week now....she's like a sister to me.
7. Hardest person to buy for? At the moment, my 14 year old son!
8. Easiest person to buy for? My 11 year old daughter.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not really. I have Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus, which is actually from Avon...all white and I really like them!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Some people I send to do not use the computer, but I would not email Christmas cards anyway, not personal enough for me.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Purple Dinosaur placemats from my MIL two years ago! And I am NOT a hard person to buy for or please! LOL
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch that Stole Christmas...origional cartoon version.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sept.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, not really. I have given a couple to donation....
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's dressing, and now that she is no longer here, I make it!
16. What decorations are on your tree? Everything! Some my mom got me before I was married, some the kids made, some I made...etc...
17. Favorite Christmas song? Deck The Halls.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? We stay home, we always used to go to my inlaws, but my father in law passed away two years ago and now there is no more open house at that place....so...last year we stayed at home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Blitzen, Cupid, Comet, Prancer and Vixen.
20. Angel on top of tree or star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning! The kids open one on Christmas Eve, which is PJ's
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Can get pretty stressful!
23. What theme or color are you using when you decorate? I use alot of red...don't really have a theme...have a lot of older decorations.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey and all the trimmings.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace, health, happiness...
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
On Saturday, same 3 cousins and myself headed out to a neighbouring town to do some shopping and have lunch! We spent the afternoon and evening doing some Christmas shopping and eating lunch at a wonderful restaurant! What a great way to spend a day!
Today was supposed to be the day I wrapped Christmas presents, but that isn't happening with the kids home from school!! Maybe I'll work on my Christmas cards instead!!
EDITED: I actually managed to get ALL 3 kids and the dog in a photo!! This will go in some Christmas cards as I don't have my daughter's grad photo until just before Christmas, and I don't have enough wallet photos of the other two for everyone...so this will solve that problem..LOL I think it's okay. My son has his "riding his dirt bike splash pants on, but that's okay.
Take care everyone!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
It's a busy week. I'm trying to work on my blanket for another friend, and also finish up my Christmas shopping. I have nothing wrapped...(usually I do!)
I want to also thank Sandy, I received this wonderful cross-stitch kit and two wonderful cards from her today. She had a giveaway on her blog and I won!! Thank you Sandy, I value your friendship!
I've been trying to get my decorating done...this tree was made by my aunt about 30 years ago. I really like it. The other photos are just random. I'll take some more tomorrow.
Have a good evening everyone!